Motion Graphics & Compositing

Berlian Johanna / 0360054
Motion Graphics & Compositing / Bachelore of Design in Creative Media (Hons)
Exercises


 Instructions



Exercise 1 -  Deconstructing Digital Images and The Rendering Process

Follow instructions on the Tutorial demo during online class. 
Refer to this tutorial video to create composition: 
Create your own composition based on the requirements below: 
  1. Download all of the design elements from this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uNQ4I4G1ihaUUgdnvAfAiheC5w_uupxi?usp=sharing

  2. Using Photoshop, create 1920 x 1080 size canvas. Trace and crop the images using the Pen tool. 

  3. Create 3 different composition (using the same design elements)

  4. Choose only 1 of the best composition and animate it. 15 second.

  5. Submission on E-PORTFOLIO blog
Progress

In this progress I download all the images from the link that given to do this exercise. But after that I choose only some of the elements for me to edit it.

Fig 1.1 Old Factory img

Fig 1.2 Shark img

Fig 1.2 Retro TV img

Fig 1.3 Perodua Kancil img

Fig 1.4 BG Texture img


Fig 1.5 Mountain img

Fig 1.6 Fencer img

After that I use Adobe Photoshop to create 3 different composition using the same design elements that I choose. 


Fig 1.7aComposition 1 

Fig 1.7b Composition 1 

Fig 1.8 Composition 2

Fig 1.9 Composition 3

After that, I choose the very 1st design because maybe for my view it is match and the design isn't that bad other then other composition that I created. And so I use that design and apply it in After Effect for making the movements. 

Fig 1.10 Adobe After Effect

I mostly use Rotation, Scale, Motion for other elements except old factory since I use Displacment map to make it very nice movement in my opinion. The atmosphere I want it to create weird and bizzare and after that I add some glitch effect, use soundtrack that fulfilling the core that I want as it feels like old nostalgic. 

Fig 1.11 Without BG Music

Fig 1.12 With BG music

I try to find what BG music that suit for this vidoe. Then I got idea and the Music Background I use was DEEP SWIM by Windows96 but I try to find the slowed version. It's not really that great editing during I need to explore more but overall it isn't bad unless I want to learn and explore more other then use the basic movement.

After consult with lecturer I heard it can be vertical or horizontal, and so I stick with old design that i already worked for.
Google Drive : Exercise 1 - Google Drive

Final Results

Youtube Link :



W5 PRACTICAL: ADVANCE LAYERS, KEYFRAMING, BASIC ANIMATION 

INSTRUCTION: 
  1. Follow instructions on the Tutorial demo during online class. 
  2. Create your own composition based on the requirements below:
  • Download all of the design elements from the given link
  • Create 1080 x 1920 size poster (I.G Stories size) on Photoshop
  • Trace and crop the images using the Pen tool.
  • Create 1 composition and attach below (I.G poster)
  • Animate the composition for 5-16 second loop with sound (I.G video story)
  
Progress & Result : 

Fig 2.1 Final Poster Design

Fig 2.2 Without Audio + Effect

Fig 2.3 Finalized IG Poster Design


Reflections

This far, this is reviewing my skill since I was playing around with the elements and try to knowing more about function to perform the motion graphic, but overall it was fun.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Information Design - Flip & Exercise : 1 & 2

Information Design - Project 1 & 2

Intercultular Design