3D Modeling Project 1 & 2

Berlian Johanna / 0360054
3D Modeling / Bachelore of Design in Creative Media (Hons)

Project 1 &  2


Instructions



Project 1 - Hard Surface Modeling
  1. Choose hard surface object in any of these categories : 
    - Vehicle, weapon, robot, machine.
  2. Search reference images or blueprints. 
  3. Model the selected object using polygon tools and techniques based on what you have learnt.
  4. Apply the right material and texture to give its appearance.
Progress

I choose weapon since in my opinion it's not really bad for me to handle the difficulties. I also try to search and asking from the lecturer which weapon suitable for me to model it. Until I decided to do the magical girl staff which is the sailormoon staff.

Fig 1.1 Reference 1 

Fig 1.2 Reference 2

Since sailormon staff has many kind of uniqe style i try to edit a bit but didnt try to get rid of the original design. 

Fig 1.3 Overall progression

That time before this design made, I once had but it was mess up so I hve to start build it from the scratch. I also read and get some tips hw to do the textures from the youtube tutorial. But this is all my skill and I might want to learn more or update it more.

Final Result :

Fig 1.4 without wireframe

Fig 1.5 with wireframe

Fig 1.6 Updated Sailormoon staff

( Link to view the img and the blender file since the file was too big )


 
Project 2 : Themed Scene-Based Modeling
  1. You are required to model a scene based environment on the provided themed concept using various techniques you have learned. The final output will be in a diorama or isometric composition.
  2. Search reference images or blueprints. 
  3. Model the selected object using polygon tools and techniques based on what you have learnt.
  4. Apply the right material and texture to give its appearance
  5. Set lighting and rendering using ‘Eevee’ or ‘Cycle’ as the rendering engine.
Progress

Reference:

Fig 2.1 Random Cozy room

Fig 2.2  Cute 3D Room

Fig 2.3 Sanrio Character My Melody

My Idea maybe making a cute simple room with cozy elements and pastel just as I inspired from character My Melody style. It's just came across my mind to think this idea. But i take focusing with the color palette only. 

Final Result :

Fig 2.4 Without Wireframe

Fig 2.4 With wireframe


 Reflections : 

I finaly finished even it was kinda late due to clashing homework, it was clashing with ther 4 subjects that providing final project but overall I did it and need to finishing others too. From this project, making sailormoon staff is my favourite and I find it was fun to do. Looking forward with the unique project I will son handle it and hopefuly I do have time and managing it.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Information Design - Flip & Exercise : 1 & 2

Information Design - Project 1 & 2

Intercultular Design