VSP - Final Project Stop Motion!

Berlian Johanna / 0360054
VSP / Bachelore of Design in Creative Media (Hons)
Final Project - Stop Motion


VSP - Project 1, 2 & Exercises


Instructure


Progress

Idea :
In this part, I was paired with Jia Jia to do the 1 part. Our theme was about Ocean Life.
The first idea was someone throw a trash and it was infected the marine life as it turns into apocalypse marine zombie, but it looks difficult to do.
So another idea was 2 people walk pass the area of sea marine life and casualy throw the trash while the fish was having a peaceful life. And when the 2 people about to leave, the fish get the trash and throw at them to scold them. 

Fig 1.1 Sketch for our Idea stop motion

Material :
The material that we are decided at first using plasticine. But we believe it was too expensive and causing discomfort to use. So as we also do research and find sample we manage to find someone do stop motion using a paper. And that's how both os ud decided to do paper-motion.
The matiral we used considered papers, ruler, colorful markers, pencil, pen and scissors. For shooting we create multiple cut for each scene and materials prop for each interactions.

Fig 1.2 Scene fish throw a trash to the person

Fig 1.3 The trash manage hit the person face

This is the examples paper motion we done from the materials, creativity and props.

Producing Stop-Motion :
Fig 1.4 This part was me and Jia Jia do together

In this part Me and my partner for group create this scene, I arrange and use any kind of sound effect to make it look nice. But somehow it didn't reached 1 minute requierement.

Fig 1.5 This part adding more part that already being simplify or prepared

In this part theres 2 part being added and combined, how is it work?
So at first I make another clip by myself, making more props and instead using simple digital way, I make another extra paper-motion with the opening and the ending. I do them in seperated file or using other app to make it easy and simple. For the sound background, I was thinking because it looks cartoonish and frame-to-frame, why don't I use Tom and Jerry track & Disney track Mickey Mouse track show as the background music to make it old and nostalgic.
And so it was working and I feel satisfied or happy with my result that I created. I ask my partner but she prefer both of use try to do different style for arrange it so this is my version. And in the end we do seperated project even different theme but we were once a group to do it together and I am very thankful that we manage to help each other.



Results

 
 Title : "Don't Trash Our Home"

Synopsis : Our stop motion is about life below water. In this video, we depict two individuals carelessly littering into the homes of marine creatures. In retaliation, the marine life chooses to punish them in the same manner by throwing the trash back at them. Through this stop motion, we aim to convey that the ocean is the habitat of marine life, not our garbage dump.


Reflection
In this reflection, I understand that doing stop-motion consist preparation of materials, time consume and dedication. No wonder in every stop-motion work even the movie, it tooks many months even years to create the perfect motion for audience to enjoy. The dedication and commitment are the things that I as a student need to learn from this experience. Even an expert also told to do this masterpiece, patience also required.
Despite this project was still lack of quality or the efficiency performance, I do enjoy this work in the result as it feels like I create a masterpiece the resemble of the old cartoon or disney vibes.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Information Design - Flip & Exercise : 1 & 2

Information Design - Project 1 & 2

Intercultular Design