Design Research Dissertation Assignment 1 - Draft Dissertation

Berlian Johanna / 0360054
Design Research Dissertation / Bachelore of Design in Creative Media (Hons)

Draft Dissertation


Instructions



Task

Week 1-7

Fig 1.1 Literature Review Matrix

Fig 1.2 Draft Literature Review
Google Drive Design Dissertation

Feedback :

  • Week 1 : Module Briefing
    In the beginning of the class :
    1. Introduction to Module details, expectations & Assessment Rubriks.
    2. Writing A Literature Review Matrix
    Specific Feedback : No specific feedback.
    General Feedback : Following the examples from seniors in google classroom and MIB.

  • Week 2 : Literature Review
    In the beginning of the class :
    1. Our lecturer check each of our progress with Matrix Literature Review
    2. Checking Sub topic in Literature  Review
    Specific Feedback : No specific feedback.
    General Feedback : Following the examples from seniors in google classroom and MIB.

  • Week 3 : Sub Topic & Working Title Review
    In the beginning of the class :
    1. The Lecturer gave us the group and which time we will have group discussion
    2. Reviewing Sub Topic & lit rev, encourage us to write what we understand from methodology research.
    Specific Feedback : Change the title since my topic is about exploration
    General Feedback : -

  • Week 4 : Literature Review Progress
    In the beginning of the class :
    1. Continuing the Literature review
    2. write whole literature review try finish it or create any progression.
    Specific Feedback :  Fix the citations and if I have a mix method add the flow chart but if not , it doesn't have to add it.
    General Feedback : -

  • Week 5 : Literature Review Progress
    In the beginning of the class :
    1. Confirmation & management briefing about our progression
    2. Feeling the pressure and try to gain some courage or calm to solve this issue.
    Specific Feedback : 
    Describe the methodology in the right sequential manner. it is subject to having and revealing the finding accordingly. So what was described in the methodology best to be described in the process of you sharing the finding in the right sequence of it.
    General Feedback :  Related with mental health. For students who have a hard time, try their best to be calm or seek help to handle this mental health issue

  • Week 6 : Draft Dissertation Progress & Submission
    In the beginning of the class : I attended and showed my progress so far but I haven't finished the findings and some other parts in my dissertation. I was encouraged and gave advice or some surface explanation.
    Specific Feedback : I can review from senior structure but at the same time I also need to review my research methodology and combine my understanding and put it in a dissertation.
    General Feedback : From the senior work, they mention all the structure that can be added depending what kind of research we are doing. Either it was both mixed research or choosing either one of them.

  • Week 7:  No class ( Use free day to confirm progression )
    In the beginning of the class :
    I attend morning on Friday to ask for confirmation for a draft dissertation. I also asked about the difference between Discussion & Findings.
    Specific Feedback : Make  a framework & focus on finishing what it was still in progression
    General Feedback :  -


Reflection

In this part, I find the difficulties but I manage to handle it, through the entire progress I have been review my past research and deciding which was my research pointed about. After understanding from the questionnaire too I decided to change title and using it as my design dissertation. Yet, I also looking for reference from the draft again and again until I manage to fill up the draft dissertation. In this draft dissertation, it's still not officially Finalized which means I still have a chance for feedback to fixing or adding some part that I missed.



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Information Design - Flip & Exercise : 1 & 2

Information Design - Project 1 & 2

Intercultular Design