Interactive Design : Final Project - Creating a Single-Page Website for Your Favourite Artist

Berlian Johanna / 0360054
Interactive Design/ Bachelor of Design in Creative Media (Hons) 
Final Project - Creating a Single-Page Website for Your Favourite Artist


Instructions



Final Project 

Project Overview:
In this web design project, you will create a single-page website dedicated to your favorite artist. This project will help you develop your web design and development skills while allowing you to showcase your passion for the artist of your choice.

Project Requirements:
Artist Selection: Choose your favorite artist as the subject of your website. It can be a musician, painter, actor, or any other creative individual or group. Ensure you have a genuine interest in the artist, as this will help you create a more engaging website.

Content:
  • Your single-page website should include the following sections: 
    Header with the artist's name and a brief tagline.
  • Introduction:
    Provide an overview of the artist's background and why you admire them.
  • Biography: 
    Include a brief biography or description of the artist's life and career.
  • Gallery:
    Showcase images, videos, or other multimedia related to the artist's work.
  • Contact Information:
    If applicable, include contact details or links to the artist's social media profiles.
Design Elements:
Choose a color scheme and fonts that reflect the artist's style or your personal taste.
Ensure a visually appealing layout with a balanced use of text and multimedia.
Create a responsive design that adapts to different screen sizes (mobile-friendly).

Navigation:
Implement smooth scrolling navigation or a simple menu that allows users to jump to different sections of the page.

Interactivity:
Consider adding interactive elements such as image sliders, hover effects, or lightboxes for multimedia content.


Process

Fig 1.1 Sketch Idea

In this sketch idea, my lecturere approve but the elements too overwhelming. The lecturer shows me the sample of the website and I can finaly made my own version for the simple design and don't make it too complicated. 

Link Inspiration Website Design : 


Fig 1.2 Design progress

First, I choose light brown colour and pink  peach for synchronize with my favourite artist aesthetic.
The time from her aesthetic was fairy or something like alice wonderland, I have to match it. I add her official picture from the portal website inspired from her official website. Then on the header I adds some menu navigate such as Introduction, Biography, Album, Achievement and Media.

Fig 1.3 Adding the inside design progress

Second, I put the introduction from her official website wikipedia and the last paragraph I wrote my reason to admire her. 

Fig 1.4 The rest of the design

The rest of it I put same and also the source from wikipedia too and put lots of effort in the design to make it very nice. But when the concept was finished and showing to my lecturer, He suggest I need to removed some of the picture because it's to overwhelming and distracting.

Fig 1.5 Another changes design

Because of it, I take the advice and remove some of the heavy picture or elements to make it nice and not overwhelming for the eyes. The result was nice and looks comfortable to see. I think I planned to not use the font because it's too complicated so I stick with using helvetica.


Fig 1.6 Dreamweaver

When I apply to dreamweaver, lots of mistake happens here. When I try to fix it, I stuck in the same loop especialy with fixing the image codes, links, and the size of the desktop to make it not messy.


Fig 1.7 Index.html

I keep checking over an over again making sure nothing is mess up, except since I copy paste from wiki pedia it means some of the words already automatic jump link. So, I removed it and only leave something that connects with my favourite artist creation.


Fig 1.8 Progress

This is the only part that I leaved it in order for the audience able to jump link straight about Melanie's creation in her song information or project.


Fig 1.9 Hyperlink

I put hyperlink to linking this website and her official social media. 

Fig 1.10 Hyperlink image

I put hyperlink to this image in order to be able interact to her official website portal.

Fig 1.11 Navigation Link

I manage to create to navi link. However, the content is all mix up, causing to not function properly. And it only takes you to the introduction. Code it is not organized, the biography picture is together with the introduction content so I have to fixed it.

Fig 1.11 Changes to reach succeed coding result

Because of the stressful event, I contact to my lecturer because of the coding issue. In the end the lecturer gave the extension deadline until next week ( Tuesday, 12-12-2023 before midnight ).
With all of my might and courage, I ask someone for teach me while I have to do it all over again since the coding issue. About the changes was from the design detail even the font I changed using the default helvetica. After the hard time event I manage to finish it.

Coding Result

Fig 1.12 HTML


Fig 1.13 CSS

This is the HTML & CSS code. For more further information or checking, Here's my Google drive to check it more private : Interactive Design - Final Project - Google Drive

Link to the website I create :  MelaineMartinezFanpage   



Relfection
Even though it was tough, I finished it. Thanks to everyone being patient, helping me, and checking for mistakes. I had to redo the website because of some problems, but after dealing with many issues and feeling stressed, I finally got it done. The support and help I got made a big difference. The website may not perfect, but hoping the result managed to fulfilled. Each flaws I made makes me proud the fact I manage to come this far and I should be proud of it.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Information Design - Flip & Exercise : 1 & 2

Information Design - Project 1 & 2

Intercultular Design