DESIGN RESEARCH METHODOLOGY — TASK 3 : PRIMARY RESEARCH

Berlian Johanna / 0360054
Design Research Methodology / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Critical Review 


Instructions



Task
In this task, we were instructed to conduct data collection methodologies ranging from qualitative to quantitative methods and mixed-methods. I choose qualitative method, wanting to focus the answers from specific experienced individual.

Fig 1.1 Questionnaire

I made a Interview Questionnaire if in case the interview are not available to do online interview.
This far as i got the participants, most of them busy so they prefer me to send the link instead.

Link Interview Questionnaire : https://forms.gle/7vimqNKZFammJ2QB9

Fig 1.2 Primary Research 



Feedback
Week 10
In this week was about Research proposal (Identify which method we will use and reasons )
In the beginning of class : 
1. I shows my 1st prototype questionnaire
2. I need to revised some of the questions to make it more proper
3. Find participants who will participate in my research.

Specific Feedback : This week I got feedback to fix the questionnaire and even got suggestions on how to find animators to participate in my research. Our mentor also helped me to educate the different methods of research even though I need the animator's view for part of my research.
General Feedback : Be responsible to acknowledge the evidence that will be involved.
In this week we showed our progress and my progress as I presented to make sure if my questionnaire was proper to be ready for launch or is it formal to use. 

Week 11
In the beginning of class :
1. I shows my prototype questionnaire again but revised
2. I need to fix some of the classification and adding more option to make the participants able to choose the answers
3. it has to be flexible and engaging 

Specific Feedback : This week I have to revise the questionnaire again to make it more engaging and mature since I use a qualitative method. Not only that, I have to let the participant decide whether they want to be interviewed or just answer the questionnaire through a link.
General Feedback : Try to not pressure when it comes with work or the part of research you done. Do your best to contribute the work and progress.
In this week, we check about progress of our individuals doing

Week 12
In the beginning of class : 
1. Suggestion about fixing questions
2. Follow the instructions to submit the assignment and follow MIB rules.

Specific Feedback : If i didn’t get 3 participants for an interview, I have to manage the backup about my visual preferences. 
General Feedback : To save up time for not passing more than 8 mins try to summarize the important topics to share and design the powerpoint more unique. 


Reflection
This assignment was very difficult. The researcher had a hard time finding the participant who was able to keep in touch or cooperate. The researcher also noticed some of the participants lacked time until in the end both sides decided to send the interview questionnaire link and didn’t do online meeting interviews. Some of the participants late reply to do confirmation or even late to send their gmail. The researcher also fixed some of the questionnaire in order to make it engaging. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Information Design - Flip & Exercise : 1 & 2

Information Design - Project 1 & 2

Intercultular Design